Tenere 700: Ram Quick Grip XL Phone Mount - Ram Torque Small Rail Base Phone Mount - Ram Double Socket Short Arm - Samsung Galaxy S9 as GPS

Ram Quick Grip XL (Ram-HOL-PD4U), Torque Small Rail Mount (Ram-B-408-37-62U) & Ram Double Socket Short Arm (Ram-B-201U-A)

The T7 accessory bar is only 11.8  mm diameter necessitating smaller brackets for a secure mount.  I had been happy with the Ram X-Grip on previous road bikes including my S10, but wanted the more secure Quick Grip for off-roading with the T7 & had seen positive reviews.  It utilizes large curved double clamps top & bottom that are spring loaded on 1 end & incorporates adjustable side brackets with 3 mounting locations per side to accommodate different sized phones & button locations.

The Ram Torque bar mount (1" B ball/socket size) uses rubber as an insulator/grip for its mount & ships with 4 different sized bushings to accommodate differing bar diameter sizes (0.375" - 0.625") + I added bicycle inner tube between the ram ball mount bracket & the Quick Grip to help quell vibration.  


  


There has been lots of vibration issues documented for the recent I-Phones damaging the sensitive camera stabilization system, but I use Samsung Galaxy android phones which seem more robust. 

I use my previous Samsung Galaxy S9 as my GPS with a soft rubber Otterbox knock-off all weather case (no sim card, GPS & wifi functional + is a back-up if my current phone gets damaged by transferring the sim card).  I keep my current Samsung Galaxy S23+ on my person, which is easier accessed for use, pics & emergencies imho. Charging is via USB C cable to my USB/Voltmeter socket mounted on the left where the oem accessory plug was (relocated to the right side).


 



If the Ram Torque Rail Mount doesn't provide enough resistance to rotation on the accessory bar there  are a few other mount options like the MotoPumps GPS Mount or the Rally Raid Billet Multi-Mount.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Tenere 700: Correct Fork Alignment - Floating Right Fork Needs to be Set Correctly on Axle to Obtain Equal Gap for Brake Caliper & Rotor - Service Manual Front Wheel & Tightening Torques - 'Everything Tenere' & Dave Moss Videos: Align Fork Legs Properly After Mounting The Wheel

Tenere 700: Stedi ST3K 7.5" Slim LED Light Bar + Amber Cover, Skene IQ-275X Controller, Power Outlet Splitter Kit for Yamaha Tenere 700 Accessory Connector - Honorable Mention Cyclops Aurora Tenere 700 LED Auxiliary Light Kit

2021 Tenere 700: 3 year Review